The Difficult and Troubled Employee
It is good to know what the signs oar of a difficult and a troubled employee. These are the types of employees that do have the ability to ruin your business. This is the type of employee that can tarnish the reputation of any good business. Your business might have an employee that is difficult or very troubled. If you notice the followings signs then you might have hired an employee who is trouble with a capital “T.” These signs include the following:
* the employee is very convincing. This employee may even convince their own selves that they are smarter than most of their co-workers
* the troubled employee does not seem to take “no” for an answer
* the employee tends to make many excuses because nothing is their fault. This is more than a lack of responsibility on their part. This employee can easily find a reason for their own errors. It will never be their fault, typically it is their co-worker’s fault
* this employee engages in chronic gossip
* this employee tends to erupt quickly or they seem to be on the verge of exploding
These are just the beginning of the signs of a troubled or difficult employee who has the ability to ruin you business if not addressed properly. There are many more signs that a troubled employee will display.
How they Affect and your Business
The troubled and difficult employee has a variety of methods that can and will ruin your entire business.
The following items will be bad for business and will reflect poorly on everyone in the company. These are a few of the ways:
* the gossip that is spread will be very disruptive to the entire business. This will break down trust and credibility
* abusive behavior will lower morale and reduce self-esteem. The business will suffer because motivation and enthusiasm will get very low
* the employee can evoke rage in the customers by provoking them with their troubled behaviors
* opinions of the brand and services may go viral and the business reputation can get lost and smeared
* false information about products or services may spread to the customers when a misinformed employee begins to talk
* the overall customer service may go down due to the unprofessionalism and lack of enthusiasm
* poor images of the entire company may deflect your customers or prospective
* the customers may become neglected due to the overall dysfunction
* the troubled employee may carry themselves poorly and this can offend your customers
* their social media post may have strong and distasteful opinions that reflect poorly on your business
* overall employee performance may become affected within the work environment
These are a sample of ways that a troubled employee can actually ruin your business. This list does become longer. These are the top ways that will negatively impact your business with the difficult or the troubled employee.
The troubled employee can greatly lower the standards of your business. Do not underestimate their influence and impact on those around them. One troubled employee can cause much harm to any business. There are also solutions that will prevent the trouble employee from completely ruining your business.